Per the Heavy Duty Track Product Specifications, it is sold to most markets throughout the world, including America, Asia and Europe, the STS heavy duty track is made from premium quality, extruded aluminium to meet the highest standards and tolerances. Though the track system is designed for use in the cinema and live theatre industries, it features many architectural/industrial applications, limited only by the user’s imagination. The track system operation can be Hand Drawn, Cord Drawn or Motorised. The motor system can be optioned in many different ways – pending on speed, load capacities, drift or travel and number of required stops/positions needed.
To be Specialty Theatre’s STS075 Heavy Duty Track it will consist of a heavy-duty extruded aluminium section, anodised in a matt black finish. The track shall be available in lengths up to 5.8 meters. It should have the capability to span up to 2.5 meters without the need for intermediate support and should be easily curved to accommodate custom applications. The runners within the tracking system will feature black nylon tyres with ball bearing wheels, ensuring silent operation during use. It is crucial that the specified tracking system and all accompanying components are from Specialty Theatres’ professional heavy-duty range, guaranteeing the required durability and performance for the project.
- Product Name: STS075 Heavy Duty Track
- Manufacturer: Specialty Theatre
- Page Title: Heavy Duty Track Product Specifications
- Extremely quiet
- Black anodised finished
- Last a lifetime of the building
- Requires minimal maintenance
STS Track Proprietary Line – Available in 5800 lengths without joins in Black anodised finish. Track can span to 2500mm between supports. Curves are to be 1000mm unless otherwise stated. Track runners are to be provided at 250mm centres for curtains up to 3000mm wide, and 300mm centres for curtains over 3000mm wide.
- Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 1.75kg per 1000mm
- Standard Length: 5800mm
- Finish: Black Anodised Matt
- Suspension: Up to 2500mm between centres
- Standard bends: 500/750/1000/1200mm
- Fixing: Top, face, barrel & beam fixing brackets available
- Standard Radius: 90 – 45
- The tracking system shall consist of a heavy-duty extruded aluminium section that is anodised matt black, available in lengths up to 5.8 meters.
- The tracking system shall be capable of spanning up to 2.5m without intermediate support and shall be able to be readily curved to suit custom applications.
- Components to suit and complimenting the track shall be available as well, including runners, end
pulleys, cranked and straight leaders, joining plates, mounting brackets, etc.
- The runners will feature black nylon tyres with ball bearing wheels that will be silent during operation.
- The tracking system and all other components shall be Specialty Theatres’ professional heavy duty tracking system and components.
- Durability: Heavy-duty tracks are constructed using high-quality materials that can withstand heavy loads, harsh conditions, and repeated use. They are designed to resist abrasion, punctures, and cuts, ensuring longevity even in rugged terrains.
- Traction: Good traction is essential for heavy machinery operating on uneven or slippery surfaces. Heavy-duty tracks typically have deep treads and aggressive patterns that provide enhanced grip, enabling machines to navigate challenging terrains with better stability and control.
- Load Capacity: Heavy-duty tracks are engineered to handle substantial loads. They are designed to distribute weight evenly and support heavy equipment, ensuring optimal performance and preventing damage to the tracks or the machine itself.
- Versatility: Heavy-duty tracks are versatile and can adapt to different operating conditions. They are suitable for various types of machines, including excavators, bulldozers, loaders, and tractors. These tracks can be customized to meet specific requirements and can accommodate different track widths and lengths.
- Resistance to Elements: Heavy-duty tracks are designed to withstand exposure to extreme weather conditions, chemicals, and other environmental factors. They are often resistant to UV radiation, oil, grease, and other substances that could degrade their performance or integrity.
- Reduced Ground Pressure: Heavy-duty tracks are designed to distribute the weight of the machine over a larger surface area, which helps reduce ground pressure. This feature minimizes the impact on delicate or sensitive terrains, such as soft soil or fragile vegetation, preventing damage to the environment.
- Maintenance and Serviceability: Heavy-duty tracks are engineered for easy maintenance and serviceability. They can be replaced or repaired quickly, minimising downtime and ensuring that machines can remain operational for longer periods.
Maintenance and Care:
- Cleaning: Regularly clean the tracks to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants. This can be done using a pressure washer or a hose. Ensure that the tracks are completely dry before storing or operating the equipment.
- Lubrication: Lubricate the track components, such as pins, bushings, and rollers, according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Proper lubrication helps reduce friction and wear, improving the lifespan of the tracks.
- Inspections: Perform regular visual inspections of the tracks to identify any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Check for loose bolts, damaged components, or excessive track tension. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Tension Adjustment: Maintain proper track tension as recommended by the equipment manufacturer. Over-tightened or loose tracks can cause premature wear or damage. Consult the equipment manual or seek professional advice on the appropriate tensioning procedure.
- Track Alignment: Ensure that the tracks are properly aligned with the sprockets and idlers. Misalignment can cause uneven wear and reduce track life. If misalignment is observed, consult a professional for adjustments or realignment.
- Track Pads: Inspect and replace worn or damaged track pads as necessary. Damaged or missing track pads can affect traction and cause additional stress on other track components.
- Operating Conditions: Be mindful of the operating conditions and terrain. Avoid excessive spinning or sudden direction changes, as these actions can put unnecessary stress on the tracks. If possible, avoid operating the equipment on surfaces that may cause excessive wear or damage to the tracks.
- Storage: Properly store the equipment and tracks when not in use. Store them in a clean, dry, and secure location to prevent exposure to moisture, extreme temperatures, or corrosive substances.
- Regular Servicing: Follow the recommended servicing schedule provided by the equipment manufacturer. This includes regular maintenance tasks such as filter changes, fluid checks, and inspections of other components that may affect the performance of the tracks.
- Please refer to the Terms & Conditions page on our website.
Contact Us – Architects & Estimators
Now that you know the heavy-duty track product specifications head over to our Architects & Estimators page and fill out the contact form with the relevant details per the above.
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without notice. While all due care and attenton has been taken in the preparation of this document, Specialty Theatre Pty Ltd shall not be liable for any in accuracies or omissions which may occur therein. Manufactured by Specialty Theatre Pty Ltd. ACN 661 878 271.