Acoustic wall curtains are typically made of heavy-duty, flame retardant, acoustically absorbent fabrics and can be used with various track systems to afford greater flexibility than fixed sound absorptive panels.
Flexible Fabric Systems to Absorb Sound
Typically used for recording studios, sound sets, dance, drama and music rehearsal spaces and in venues ranging from schools to theatres. Acoustic wall curtains can be used to cover window areas, to divide spaces or arranged to cover hard or reflective surfaces which allows an element of acoustic ‘tuning’ within a room. Acoustic wall curtains are manufactured from either wool serge or velvet velour, as the heavier nature of these fabrics provide the best acoustic results. Track selection is based on application, dependent on curtain size/weight and arrangement. Acoustic curtains are primarily intended for sound absorptive applications, as they offer minimal sound transmission loss.
|550gsm Wool Serge (STS2413)||0.14||0.35||0.55||0.72||0.70||0.65|
|400gms Wool Serge (STS222)||0.07||0.31||0.49||0.75||0.70||0.60|
Stated absorption coefficients based on unlined curtains manufactured to 50% fullness
Maintenance: Acoustic curtain fabric can only be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or soft brush. Wet cleaning of flame retardant material will compromise the fire resistance and must be avoided.
Dry cleaning is possible with care, but only as a last resort. The track should be periodically cleaned to keep surfaces clear of dust and grease, joint alignment should be checked and fixings tightened if necessary. Worn or broken parts should be replaced.
Acoustic Wall Curtain Description:
- STS222 80% wool 20% nylon felt finished fire retardant grade 400gsm fabric
- Fixed pleat to provide acoustic quality curtain at 80%-100% fullness
- Curtains are staple fixed to a starter batten
- Curtains are hemmed to specification
– with weights
– with chain and pocket
– one fold (no weights)
- Curtain colours are made to order and require a minimum of 120 days for special colours and a minimum order of 250 lineal metres (Note 30 days lead time for standard colours)
- Curtains may be colour matched to other upholsters, painted surfaces, etc
- Decorative trims, fringes, borders and tassles, appliques
- Swags, sweeps, tiebacks, etc
To learn more about our acoustic products in New Zealand, Australia, or anywhere else in the world be sure to contact the team at Specialty Theatre today.