Velvet curtains are the perfect choice! Our medium weight IFR brushed polyester velour, with a weight of 290 GSM, is made of 100% polyester and is totally opaque, durable, and wrinkle-resistant, making it ideal for front of house, stage, wings, side, and rear curtains.
Fire-resistant curtains are a must-have for any theatre, and our velvet curtains are inherently flame-resistant (IFR), ensuring the safety of your audience and performers. Additionally, the wrinkle-resistant feature makes this fabric wonderful for schools that want to remove the curtains as well as rental and touring shows as well.
Our velvet curtains are easy to care for. Simply wash them in cold water, without bleach, and tumble dry on a synthetic setting. For best results, wash dark colours separately.
With their luxurious texture and superior quality, our velvet curtains are perfect for creating a sophisticated and elegant look in any theatre.
290GSM IFR Velvets Product Specifications
Fabric to be Specialty Theatre 290GSM IFR Velvet of 80% fullness. To either be hand drawn or motor driven on Specialty Theatre STS075 Tracks and STS080 Runners.
- Product Name: Specialty Theatre 290GSM IFR Velvets
- Manufacturer: Specialty Theatre
- Page Title: 290GSM IFR Velvets Product Specifications
- AS1530 Parts 2 and 3
- 290GSM IFR 1.50W Roll size 63LM
- IFR (Inherent Fire Retardant)
- 100% Polyester
- Wrinkle Resistant
- Care Label 4
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Weight: 290GSM weight
- Colour: A range (see the below)
- Good acoustic quality and quick installation
- AS1530 Parts 2 and 3
- Care Label 4 Velvet fabrics must be protected against sunlight with lining and/or other shading device. Remove hooks, rings and trims before cleaning. Regularly vacuum with appropriate attachment. Wash them in cold water, without bleach, and tumble dry on a synthetic setting. For best results, wash dark colours separately.
- Regulatory indices
- Ignitability indices 0
- Spread of flame 0
- Heat Evolved index 0
- Smoke development 2
- Group Number Assessment 2
- Flammability index 1
- Fire Resistance: The IFR property of the velvet fabric ensures inherent fire retardancy, providing a high level of safety in theatre environments. It meets fire resistance standards, such as AS1530 Parts 2 and 3, indicating excellent resistance to ignitability, the spread of flame, and heat evolved.
- Luxurious Texture: Velvet fabrics are known for their soft and luxurious texture. The 290 GSM IFR Velvets offer a pleasing tactile experience and add an elegant and upscale look to stage curtains, draperies, and upholstery. They create a visually captivating environment for theater productions.
- Acoustic Damping: The velvets contribute to sound control and enhance the acoustics of the theater space. Their dense fibers help absorb and reduce sound reverberation, improving the overall sound quality and clarity during performances.
- Durability and Wear Resistance: With a weight of 290 GSM (Grams per Square Meter), these velvets offer a balance between durability and flexibility. They can withstand frequent use, curtain movements, and handling without compromising their performance or appearance. The fabric maintains its lush appearance over time.
- Color Retention: The IFR Velvets are designed to retain their vibrant colors even with prolonged exposure to stage lighting and other environmental factors. This ensures that the fabric maintains its visual appeal throughout the lifespan of the theater production.
- Maintenance and Care: The specific maintenance and care instructions for the 290 GSM IFR Velvets may vary. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer or supplier for detailed guidelines. Generally, regular vacuuming with a soft brush attachment and spot cleaning with a mild detergent or fabric cleaner can help remove dust and stains. Dry cleaning may be required for more thorough cleaning.
Maintenance and Care:
- Regular Cleaning: Vacuum the velvet fabric regularly using a soft brush attachment to remove dust and debris. This helps to keep the fabric clean and maintain its appearance.
- Spot Cleaning: In case of spills or stains, promptly attend to them by gently blotting the affected area with a clean, absorbent cloth or sponge. Avoid rubbing the fabric, as it can cause damage or spread the stain. Use a mild detergent or fabric cleaner specifically designed for upholstery fabrics, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Dry Cleaning: For a more thorough cleaning, it is recommended to have the velvet fabric professionally dry cleaned. Choose a reputable dry cleaner experienced in handling delicate fabrics like velvet. Inform the dry cleaner about the IFR properties of the fabric to ensure proper care.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Protect the velvet fabric from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, as it can cause fading and deterioration of the fibers. Use appropriate window treatments or shading devices to minimize sunlight exposure.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals, bleach, or abrasive cleaners on the velvet fabric, as they can damage the fibers and alter the fabric’s appearance.
- Handle with Care: When handling the velvet fabric, take care to avoid sharp objects or rough surfaces that can snag or pull the fibers. Be gentle while moving or installing the fabric to prevent damage.
- Please refer to the Terms & Conditions page on our website.
Contact Us – Architects & Estimators
Now that you know the 290GSM IFR Velvets Product Specifications head over to our Architects & Estimators page and fill out the contact form with the relevant details per the above.
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without notice. While all due care and attention have been taken in the preparation of this document, Specialty Theatre Pty Ltd shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or omissions which may occur therein. Manufactured by Specialty Theatre Pty Ltd. ACN 661 878 271.